COVID19: Maynooth Campus’s Safety Statement
Maynooth Campus has put in place a range of additional measures to minimise the risk to our guests, visitors and staff during the Covid19 crisis. The measures meet the standards set down by the HSA, the HSE and Fáilte Ireland, and are in accordance with the relevant policies of Maynooth University and St Patrick’s College, Maynooth.
The measures in place cover all aspects of the guest experience on campus. Guests have a responsibility to respect the measures and to protect themselves as well as others.Reservations
Cleaning and hygiene procedures
- To reduce the use of card terminals, bookings made by phone or in person will, on the day of arrival, be charged to the card used to secure the booking.
- No cash payments.
- Once card payment is processed, an electronic registration form will be sent to the guest who will sign digitally and return it.
- In all common areas used by our guests, additional and regular cleaning and disinfection of touch points with disinfectant products approved by HSE for use against emerging viral pathogens. These points include door handles, common electronic card access units, lift buttons, public phones, light switches, charge card terminals
- Twice daily disinfection of reception area and lifts
- Sanitising of all guest key cards
- Sanitiser units installed at all key common areas
- Sanitiser units checked and replenished regularly
- Supplies of soap and paper towels in all communal toilets checked and replenished regularly
- Laundering of bed linen and towels in accordance with industry protocols
- Safe disposal of waste-bin material
- Notices prominently displayed in communal bathrooms and toilets and in other public areas advising on hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
- Mandatory wearing of protective gloves and masks by all housekeeping staff while on duty
- Clear communications to housekeeping staff on room-servicing and hygiene policies, with daily update
- Information on cleaning and hygiene practices via website and in email communications with guests
- For departures and full services, all areas in the room are disinfected: door handles, tables, lockers, lamps, phones, kettle, cups, tea spoons, trays, TV remote, toilet seat, toilet bowl, sink, sink taps, showers, shower heads, shower taps, light switches
- Disinfectant is left on surfaces for several minutes to take effect against Coronavirus. Following disinfection, normal servicing of room proceeds.
- Disinfection of all shared toilet and shower facilities twice daily (as recommended by Fáilte Ireland)
- Hand sanitiser units at each entrance
- Touchless soap dispensers in all toilet areas
- Access and queue management measures at reception
- Recommended procedures for use of lifts and stairs
- Ongoing liaison with event organisers whose attendees may be at or pose a risk
We ask for your co-operation during this crisis, particularly with regard to observance of hygiene recommendations.